Land Calculator is a powerful, yet easy-to-use complete set of Land Measurement tools for Android devices. When you download Land Calculator, you are getting the most accurate land measurement and geographic calculation tool for Android devices that is a favorite among, field workers, farmers, engineers, GIS students and professionals. No other geographic calculator can match the accuracy and wealth of tools that are available in this free application, and you can get even more tools by upgrading the application for a nominal fee.
Use the application to make all kinds of map and land calculations. Draw on a map or walk a field to create your measurements.
· Get land area and perimeter for any shape field by walking or driving its perimeter.
· Create a field survey by drawing any shape on a map to get its enclosed area and perimeter. Supports any shape you can walk or draw!
· Measure point to point distances with various map tools and survey tools.
· Area and perimeter unit conversion tool.
· Shortest distance to a line with accurate connecting geodesics.
· Multiple coordinate systems supported including: WGS 84, British Ordnance Survey (OSG36 Datum), ANS, NAD 27, ED 50, NAD 83 and several others.
· Secure and restore your work by using the app’s KML file feature. Share surveys to colleagues who may view your work in Google Earth on their desktop computer or phone or in Land Calculator. Got a new phone and all your work is on the old phone? No problem! Import all your old work into your new phone with the application’s single click restore process.
· Use the data generated by this application in ArcGIS by converting the app’s KML files with ArcGIS’ KML2Layer feature, or, use KML Tools to convert the application’s KML files to DXF (Drawing Exchange Format), which for use in drawing programs like AutoCad and SketchUp.
A GPS-controlled compass and GPS reporting are included to assist with your field surveys.
· Used by Real Estate agents to measure property size.
· Insurance agents use the app to measure property size for adjustment purposes.
· Property inspectors use the app to get property measurements used in mortgage calculations.